ICON NIXON CHUKWUKA ODIMBU CNY OFFICIAL DECLARATION SPEECH TO CONTEST FOR THE POSITION OF HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, ANIOCHA NORTH/SOUTH & OSHIMILI NORTH/SOUTH FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY, DELTA STATE
*ICON NIXON CHUKWUKA ODIMBU CNY OFFICIAL DECLARATION SPEECH TO CONTEST FOR THE POSITION OF HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, ANIOCHA NORTH/SOUTH & OSHIMILI NORTH/SOUTH FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY, DELTA STATE, ON SUNDAY 1ST MAY, 2022.*
Paradigm Shift 2023
1. Fellow country men and women, aged and young, fellow Nigeria youths, victims of a disorganized and manipulative society, I greet you spectacularly. I hope my salutations meets you all as well as the dire times permit.
2. It’s inspiring that amidst difficulties and growing anxiety over the future of the country, Nigerians have refused to succumb to despair and hopelessness.
3. The penury, subjugation, joblessness and political abyss into which we have been thrown overtime by a cluster of factors makes it almost utopic to visualize an existence devoid of these ills or foolhardy to aspire for greater or better opportunities.
4. The perennial plight of the Nigerian youth is exacerbated by the nonchalance and insensitivity of government at all levels.
5. This is regardless of some of the lackluster efforts in the past and present by the government to cut some ice with the youth by creating a space for popular and energetic participation of the political, social and economic affairs of the nation.
6. Pre-independence, Nigeria youths were reputed for their bravery, diligence, pro activism and a sense of motherhood. These ebullient predecessors were able to carve a niche for themselves because they refused to be overwhelmed by the trying circumstances of their time and took the proverbial bull by the horn.
7. It’s gratifying that my vision and service – driven life that I, after due considerations, consultations with families, the private and public sectors, civil society groups, labour unions, religious and political leaders, youth and students groups, hereby offer myself and my services to the great constituents of ANIOCHA NORTH/SOUTH & OSHIMILI NORTH/SOUTH FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY, DELTA STATE, NIGERIA.
8. I declare this intention solemnly with an acute awareness of the onerous challenges that lay ahead and powered by our dogged commitment to survive and weather the storm as they may come in acknowledgement that no true path towards growth and development is with an admixture of thorns and roses.
9. My story is similar to that of so many underprivileged Nigerians of my generation – born and wrapped with the shawls of penury and despair and aware of the crushing realities of my station darting at my sight, I plough through childhood with dreams and aspirations for comfort, defied the stratification of class to join my voices with the few straining against injustice.
10. I have never since looked back nor compromised on the ideals and principles that have shaped my interaction with my immediate and remote world. And I am happy about it.
11. We are faced with institutional fiasco, political exclusionism, low standard of education and a truncated unionism. There is also the wave of the erosion of core moral values, the lack of much need exposure and political education and so much more.
12. It is important for us to realize and hold to heart the important truth that we must create our opportunities and not wait on the same class of individuals perpetuating our continuous subjugation to feed us crumbs. The age of political and economic activism is Now and it must resonate with body of youths nationwide.
13. We are great Nigeria youth, a people of common pain and consanguinity. We observed with so much dissatisfaction that our country is been plundered by individuals without conscience and humanity.
14. We have resolved, that we must do something differently to interrupt the status quo. We have organized ourselves, taken a match of honor and raised our banners high for a better Nigeria.
15. My ambition was borne out of my love for the people of my constituency Aniocha North/South & Oshimili North/South.
16. My priority is to do what is right and best for the people to ensure their interest is well represented and protected beyond sectarian forces and principalities.
17. For how long are we going to continually depend on other nations whose economy and systems are fallen apart for our economic salvation and not to create our own solutions.
18. How long do we continue to look up to our captors for freedom and other Nationals desperate for survival and self advantage to pull us out of our underdevelopment?
19. How come we are so blessed, yet so poor, so knowledgeable yet without foresight, so brotherly yet so divided and so threatened, yet without heart for sacrifice? We have so much gladiators yet no warriors. These things weak me! But our liberation is here.
20. I am tired of this old generation politician who seek nothing but corruption, sucking the country dry at the expense of her citizenry and this is why I have decided to take up a political struggle to rescue my people from the abyss of poverty, oppression, economic quagmire and poor leadership and bring succour to my people of Aniocha North/South & Oshimili North/South.
21. My decision to serve my people at the Federal House of Representatives Aniocha/Oshimili North & South is to objectively and religiously defend their territories, bring the dividends of democracy to their door posts, provide affordable housing plan through my viable sponsored bills, free and quality education and serene learning environment, and to entirely represent their interests in the Government as my people has been maligned and cheated for so long. It’s time for salvation, Aniocha/Oshimili North & South must be liberated from these political stereotypes that has kept the constituency in abject poverty and poor representation.
22. As I keep reiterating, we have eminent on us a new opportunity. As the country continues to undergo knocks and economic quackery, it is important for us to begin now to prepare to correct the ills and mistakes made at the previous polls. We must galvanize around men of unblemished records like me, with the right political and economic acumen for office, visionary and imaginative. We must identify and do away with political crooks who have the gift of the gab and those with the curse of the purse who entice us with sweet words and manifestos on election days ensnare us with tokens from their criminal purse to hand our future and mandate to them. Enough is Enough.
23. The task before the youth is daunting, the youths have manifold possibilities to liberate Nigerians and put the economy on a global map.
24. We are the threshold of immense opportunity one as slippery as the sum of dreams, hopes and aspirations that have gone down the steep decline of neglect and disbelief.
25. So on more, the time has never been more right for youths to rise to the responsibility of leadership, taking off the cloak of passive participation with mind and effort in the creative process for a better future with hope and confidence.
26. It is for this reason that the 2023 General Elections is about the youths, it is about ensuring that we liberate ourselves from the political stereotypes and becoming more socially and politically responsible to the country.
27. I worry today that most of our youths who, given the opportunity, would have ameliorated the sad state of this nation, too often had their aspirations stilted by an avalanche of opposition bred in the very society we live in.
28. Within the borderlands of Delta the glaring mismatch between our potentials and our achievements has become for many a frustrating puzzle; for others it is a topic for debate; and yet for another group, it is doomsday lament.
29. But with strength of conviction and positivity which enamels our sense of patriotism towards Nigeria and our great people.
30. I consider it a golden opportunity and a bittersweet chance to manifest our effrontery, activate our innovative instinct, showcase our character, competence, capacity and turn our dreams to reality.
31. Myriads of groups and platforms in different nomenclatures have bracingly and clandestinely constituted themselves into principalities of ready foot soldiers to serve the ignoble interest of serially recycled politicians within the polity keen on stemming the rise of a youth – driven political movement and awakening to challenge the lethargy of political status quo.
32. I want to do my part in rebuilding a country too long fettered by fears, suspicion of each other and official corruption.
33. It is time for Nigeria youths to get involved and do things differently as you can’t change things by fighting the existing reality. To change a system, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.
34. A new Nigeria where hard work and dedication is rewarded, where the people constitute the greatest investment because the true wealth of a nation lies with the people.
35. It is time for new politics in Aniocha/Oshimili North & South, fresh ideas for Good Governance. My time says it’s youth O’clock.
36. This is why today, with all humility, I formally declare my intention to run for the position of House Of Representatives, Aniocha/Oshimili North & South Federal Constituency, on the platform of our great party, the African Democratic Congress (ADC).
37. I also most solemnly and respectfully seek your support as fellow Anioma everywhere in our land and the diaspora, as we embark on this great and excruciating journey that lies ahead of us.
38. Thank you and God bless as we work together to emancipate our people from the shackles of the oppressors and liberating them from the abyss of poverty and poor leadership.
The Time Is NOW.
VOICE OF THE STREET
# visit: www.loadnaija.com for more information