Kendrick Lamar DNA, “DNA” is the second track on Kendrick Lamar’s fourth studio album, DAMN. The song is a powerful exploration of black identity, and it features Lamar rapping about his own experiences with race, culture, and self-worth.
The song’s title is a reference to DNA, the genetic material that makes each person unique. Lamar uses this metaphor to explore the idea that black people are all connected by their shared history and heritage. He raps about the legacy of slavery and racism, but he also celebrates the strength and resilience of black communities.
Kendrick Lamar DNA Mp3 Download and stream Video
“DNA” is a complex and thought-provoking song, and it offers no easy answers. But it is a powerful reminder of the importance of black identity, and it is a testament to Lamar’s ability to use music to explore complex social issues.
Here are some of the lyrics from the song that explore the theme of black identity:
- “I’m African American, I’m black as the moon, heritage of a king, don’t need to be told”
- “I’m Compton, I’m Watts, I’m Piru, I’m Blood, I’m Crip, I’m all of us”
- “I’m Jackie Robinson, I’m OJ, I’m Rodney King, I’m Ali and Mandela, I’m Billie Holiday, I’m Malcolm X, I’m Nat Turner, I’m John Lewis, I’m Emmett Till”
These lyrics show how Lamar is grappling with his own black identity, and how he is trying to find a place for himself in the world. He is proud of his heritage, but he is also aware of the challenges that black people face. He is a product of his environment, but he is also striving to be more than just a stereotype.
“DNA” is a powerful and important song, and it is a reminder of the importance of black identity. It is a song that everyone should listen to, and it is a song that will stay with you long after you hear it.
Here are some additional thoughts on the song:
- The song’s music video features an interrogation scene between Kendrick Lamar and actor Don Cheadle. The video explores the themes of black identity and police brutality.
- The song samples the Rick James song “Mary Jane.” The sample is used to create a sense of chaos and energy, which reflects the song’s lyrical content.
- The song was nominated for a BET Hip Hop Award for Best Impact Track.
Overall, “DNA” is a complex and thought-provoking song that explores the theme of black identity. It is a powerful and important song that everyone should listen to.